A visit by Spanish doctors to Kakumiro resulted in the following figures ….
- 170 patients screened
- 51 patients operated on including an acute peritonitis.
- 25 patients on a waiting list for next year.
- 2 Ugandan doctors trained in Spanish surgical techniques.
- 2 government health clinics visited and given a testing system for diabetes
- 2 groups of women (the Igayaza Sewing Group and the Kiseke F.A.L.) visited and a dialogue about healthy diets set up.
Everyone involved felt the visit was a great success and the doctors are planning to return next year (or even sooner!) for a longer period of time to reach more patients.